At The Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (by Mountain Lodges of Peru), guests can enjoy a 7 days 6 nights all-inclusive program, including meals, beverages, transportation and a visit to Machu Picchu.
The four mountain lodges have been designed with traditional Inca building techniques and blend with the surrounding environment. There is a private bathroom with a shower in each unit. Towels are available.
This program will take you on a historic section of Inca trail through 15 different eco-syst...ems, while you traverse a mountain pass over 4,500 metres high, and explore villages where locals maintain age-old traditions and re-discover.
Each day’s trek ends with a hot shower at the lodge, a dip in the outdoor jacuzzi, followed by a meal.
The package includes:
- All transportation services (vehicles and trains) from pick up in Cuzco on Day 1, to drop off in Cuzco on Day 7.
- 6 nights of accommodation (5 nights in Mountain Lodges of Peru Lodges, and 1 night in Aguas Calientes town in a 4-star hotel).
- All meals (except for breakfast on Day 1, and dinner on Day 7).
- The tour guides speak both English and Spanish. Other languages are available for an extra fee.
- Transportation of personal belongings during the trek (on pack horses/mules).
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu Sanctuary, which includes: entrance ticket, transportation to and from the site, and Huayna Picchu Permit.
- Wi-Fi access at all lodges and hotels.
- USD $50 gratuities for service staff (MLP lodge staff, mule drivers and route chefs), excluding guide and guide\'s assistant.
- Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks and fruit juices are free of charge at the MLP Lodges. Only filtered water and tea are available free of charge at the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Mandatory Insurance:
The Salkantay Journey to Machu Picchu is an Adventure Travel Activity which takes place in remote locations and at certain times at high altitudes. As such, it contains a certain level of risk. In order to ensure a safe experience for every guest, we kindly request that every guest presents valid proof of insurance coverage as a minimum for Medical Emergency Treatment and Evacuation. Please note that some insurance policies exclude Adventure Travel Activities or similar from the coverage, so please be careful when assessing and/or purchasing your insurance policy and please make sure that the insurance policy includes Adventure Travel Activities or similar.
- Definition of “Valid Proof of Insurance”:
Mountain Lodges of Peru requires presentation of the following information at least 60 days prior to trip start date:
• Name of Insurance Company and Name of Specific Policy (if applicable).
• Coverage registration number or code.
• 24hr emergency telephone numbers provided by the insurance company.