In the meantime I am welcoming guests from many countries in my accommodation. People from countries within, as well as outside of Europe. And I must say that – despite the attempts of the EU to turn the various member states into one melting-pot, I am happy with the large differences in culture, language and traditions of the various countries. The diversity of nationalities is what makes running a B&B so very interesting.During the past years, I have had many fun and special experiences with guests from abroad. My Swedish guests for example, offered me whisky. Just after breakfast! Each nation has its own curiosities:
- The French find our petit dejeuner quite extensive but do prefer French cheese over our Dutch ones.
- The British usually leave God’s Blessings behind in the guest book.
- The Austrians forward self-made Christmas cards.
- The Belgians really like Holland, but not its inhabitants.
- The Italians are suspicious of our Italian restaurants but are very enthusiastic about recommended addresses.
- Romanian families do not leave without a big hug.
There is one country that I absolutely must mention and that is Germany. Because, – exceptions excluded, I am very fond of my German guests. Even during the World Cup in 2010, the relations between me and my German guests remained warm. In general I find German people to be spontaneous, affectionate, honest, clean, realistic, enthusiastic, well informed, cheerful and utterly reliable. And that deserves to be said!! And so I say a heart-felt: ‘Herzlich willkommen’.
Most popular posts
Quick quide part 1: Answering reservation requests
New: Synchronize the Bedandbreakfast.eu calendar with your other calendars
Place your B&B on Bedandbreakfast.eu for free – worldwide from now on
Quick guide part 2: Changing the status of a reservation request
Quick guide part 3: reservations in the availability calendar
- Quick quide part 1: Answering reservation requests
- Jon Parsons on Is your B&B offering free internet for your guests yet?
- Janneke Scheepers on Register on Bedandbreakfast.eu
- sonia cantante on Register on Bedandbreakfast.eu
- Janneke Scheepers on Google Plus: important for your bed & breakfast?
- Alain Ruiz on Google Plus: important for your bed & breakfast?
Tagsavailability calendar B&B B&B for sale B&B market bed & breakfast Bed & Breakfast Europe bed and breakfast Bedandbreakfast.eu blog calendar chambre d'hôtes column communications economics emerging environment expo Facebook findability for sale fraud Google guest how to internet linkedin management marketing news opinion payment privatzimmer quick course reservation system reservation system Bedandbreakfast.eu SEO social media social media_boven starting startmail startupnews sustainability trend welcome workshop